VOTED INDY A-LIST BEST IN 2007, 2008, 2010
Top five in 2009, 2011,2012.
Consistently voted amongst the best!
New series starts: 11/18/13
Cost: $90 for six weeks unlimited attendance
Experienced practitioners can start at any time during a series. We recommend that beginners start at the beginning of a new six-week series to get the most systematic instruction. You may attend any/all classes at your level and any level below it during a six week session. See below for pass options.
- Drop-in $16 per class
- 6 and 12-class passes available for $92 & $184, respectively
Call us for further details 317-257-9642.
Click here for a clearer description of each level listed below
|Monday||Beg 2/Inter/Adv||9:30-10:45 AM|
|Intermediate / Advanced||6:15-7:30 PM|
|*Beginner 1||7:45-9:00 PM|
|Tuesday||*Beginner 1||5:30-6:45 PM|
|Beginner 2||7:00-8:15 PM|
|Wednesday||Beg 2 / Inter / Adv||9:30-10:45 AM|
|Gentle Stretching||11:00-12:00 PM|
|Beginner 2||5:30-6:45 PM|
|Intermediate 1&2||7:00-8:15 PM|
|Thursday||*Beginner 1||9:30-10:45 AM|
|Beg 2 / Inter / Adv||4:00-5:15 PM|
|Saturday||Beg 2 / Inter /Adv||9:00-10:15 AM|
|*Beginner 1||10:30-11:45 AM|
|Sunday||Beg 2 / Inter/ Adv||4:30-5:45 PM|
|Restorative Yoga Class|
|Sunday||Dates: 11/3||2:30-4:00 PM|
* All times for Beginning classes, unlimited attendance
Gentle Stretching: Recommended for those recovering from injury, seniors, those with fibromyalsia, or anyone who would just like a gentle easy approach to yoga. Wednesdays, $60 for a 6-week series or $10 per class
Introduction to Meditation
Next meditation intensive dates :
11/9 & 11/10 (Sat & Sun) Fee: $105
- 6 hour two-part Weekend Workshop
- Saturday 2-5 pm & Sunday 9-12:00 noon
- Basic concepts and instruction to start your journey into the profound practice of meditation, taught by seasoned, trained practitioners
Study Group at Inner Peace Yoga Center
1st Friday of the month...Call for details
- Includes teaching and group discussion of the Yoga Sutras and Tantric texts. Currently studying the tantric text Shakti Sadhana, a translation of Tripura Rahasya.
Description of classes
- Precursor to the more traditional vinyasa classes
- Gentle stretching exercises
Beginnings: (Beg 1)
- Covers basics of breathing and asana (postures)
- Foundation for progression in Vinyasa asana practice
- Focuses on relieving physical & mental tension
- Introduces more postures and variations in sequence
- More emphasis on working with the breath in postures
- Understanding the breath/mind/body relationship
Intermediate levels 1&2
- Recommended after taking Beginning 2 Classes
- Introduces intermediate level poses in more vigorous Vinyasa sequences
- Increase strength and endurance
- Explores more advanced poses and Vinyasa sequences
- Increased awareness of the breadth and depth of ashtanga
and delves into the subtleties through breath work, relaxation, and meditation.
Combined Beg 2/Int/Adv
- This class is for students at these levels who want classes in addition to their regular scheduled classes or the student who finds these times convenient.